Cozmo Robot 2.0
The Cozmo Robot 2.0 is more than just a toy – it is a glimpse into the future of robotics. With its advanced sensors and cameras, it can read and respond to the physical world in a way similar to how humans do. It can absorb human-like responses from encounters and experiences, allowing it to learn and adapt over time. While it may look like a simple robot toy, Anki has developed something more complex and sophisticated.
Cozmo Robot 2.0 is a true testament to the capabilities of artificial intelligence and how it can be used to create interactive and engaging robots that can learn and adapt to their environments.
Smart home robots and automation systems can revolutionize the way your household functions. These useful smart devices and diligent robotic companions like Amazon Astro can
Scratch coding is the process of creating programs using the Scratch programming language and online community. Scratch is a free, web-based programming language developed by
Cozmo is a small, interactive robot developed by Anki, a company that creates consumer robotics products. Designed to be a companion and playmate for children and adults, Cozmo has many features that allow it to learn, play games, and interact with its environment. With its expressive LCD screen “face,” built-in wheels, and range of sensors and cameras, Cozmo can move around and interact with its surroundings in various ways.
In addition, users can program Cozmo using Code Lab, a graphical programming interface based on Scratch Blocks that Anki developed, to create their programs and routines for the robot to perform. As a result, Cozmo is a fun and engaging companion that will delight users of all ages.
Cozmo Key Features
- Made using over 300 individual parts, it goes beyond a programmable toy. It is curious, has an innate level of curiosity, which compels it to explore the surrounding world.
- The environment is analyzed using the built-in camera, sensors, a gyroscope and a downward-facing cliff detector. All data transfers to a smartphone or tablet. There is no image transfer to the cloud required.
- Code Lab is part of the program structure. It allows new coders a program to personalize expressive attributes. A few blocks of code can be dragged and dropped, creating a unique experience.
- There is immediate recognition of pets. Like people, the toy loves cats and dogs and immediately can differentiate between the two.
- Names are learned by scanning facial features and recording specific dimensions. There are no photographs stored. The entered name will be remembered based on the scanned numerical features.
- Names of persons can quickly be deleted using the app. You can remove individual users, or a complete system delete will allow users to start all over from scratch.
- Users will appreciate that while the toy might appear to be a fragile electronic device, it is built to be durable. Thousands of tests have been performed to make a product that will provide years of enjoyment.
- The internal memory is as real-life as any. The robot can be fed up to 30 characters at a time and goes through a rather amusing process to learn proper pronunciation.
- Another exciting feature is the way it reacts based on its mood. There will be times when the reactions are docile, but in other situations, the response will border on downright ornery.
Cozmo Robot Technical Specifications
- The toy will fit in the palm of an adult’s hand. It weighs only 3 pounds, with base dimensions of 5-inches by 7½-inches.
- There is no assembly required. It comes complete with charger and three interactive power cubes. With the free app, it is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- The toy is programmed to play challenging games, or in explorer mode where users can see the world from their robot’s perspective.
- There is a powerful software development kit (SDK) installed. This software allows code experts to create millions of unique experiences.
- By using Cosmo’s app, there are 32 set challenges to spur ideas. However, users in the Code Lab can explore an endless array of unique experiences to try on their toy.
- This unique programmability widely expands the functional use of the toy. It goes beyond a hard-wired mechanical device such as those used in assembly lines, which can only perform pre-programmed functions.
- The vision capabilities are quite robust. These cameras work as tools like nothing else in the consumer robotics industry.
- Python is the programming language. Python makes the process of programming easy to learn and adaptable. The toy can be used as an engaging plaything, or for educational and therapeutic purposes.
- Connected to a smartphone or a tablet, the processor will function without an internet connection.
- The system uses an internal Lithium-ion battery. Average charge time is roughly 30-minutes from an entirely drained state.
- Each of the three-game cubes requires a 1.5 Volt / N size battery, also known as E90 or LR1 batteries. Each cube battery can last up to 40 hours of gameplay before needing a new charge.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line surrounding this little robotics toy is rather simple. While it is innocently simplistic, designed for children, it signals the vast potential of artificial intelligence in the future. Cozmo Robot is a technologically refined product with the ability to analyze and adapt to its environment. It is a robot with personality.
With the ability to exude a human-like expressiveness, Cozmo is a step towards more elaborate robots. Anki has taken robotics a step beyond the autonomous little race cars that preceded this unique product. The age of artificial intelligence is booming, and this cute robot toy may be the door to the future.
Related: Cozmo and Vector Robot, Which one is better?
Frequently Asked Questions About Cozmo Robot 2.0
When Was Cozmo Made?
Anki launched its new Cozmo product in the US back in October of 2016. Additional models were added to the line such as the "collectors edition" in 2017, and the "liquid metal" version as well as a "limited edition" in 2018. Due to the lack of funding, Anki had no choice but to shutdown its operation in the following year, 2019. There is however, a silver lining for Cozmo. Enter, Digital Dream Labs
When Did Digital Dream Labs Aquire The Anki Assets?
Anki was forced to shutdown in May of 2019. Not long after, an Ed-tech company out of Pittsburg, called Digital Dream Labs acquired the Anki assets including Cozmo, Vector, and Overdrive.
How Much Is Cozmo the Robot?
Currently, Cozmo 2.0 pre-sale is now closed. Cozmo can be purchased online via Amazon, or eBay.
This website (ankicozmorobot.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program, as well as the eBay Partner Network an affiliate program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising by advertising and linking to Amazon and eBay. We may earn a commission from sales generated from links on this site.
What Can Cozmo Do?
Cozmo allows you to learn, create and explore the world of robotics and basic coding through an advances, interactive interface.